Friday, March 23, 2012

Bad Habits

Does anyone else not exercise regularly with your diabetes while self-managing?  I was a dedicated exerciser for my diabetes and then I lost about 30 pounds.  Then Thanksgiving and Christmas came along... and that did it.  I was "too" busy to exercise.  I was sick about 3 times along the way (probably because I didn't exercise).  And have experienced some personal problems.  Now here it is "Spring" and I'm still not back in the habit.  I do exercise at least 3 times a week, but to lose the rest of my weight, I have to do it every single day. 

I guess it's true what they say about losing 10% of your weight.  It does help to control your blood sugar.  And that's where I'm at.  I lost enough to control my blood sugar and now I'm stuck.  And I found out I can cheat on my diet and eat "sweets" once in a while.  And now I cheat all the time, which doesn't help me lose weight either.

Guess I need to start back.  I will be going to visit my children and granddaughter in about a week and I'm mad at myself because I was supposed to be in better shape when I went back to visit them so I would not be so tired and have enough energy to keep up with them.  But I have to forgive myself for this.  Some things weren't preventable.  Tell me if anyone else has this problem?  And here's a good article that made me start thinking about all of this. 

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely hard. I know I need to eat better and exercise but I still don't. I've been thinking the same things lately. Here it is warm weather again and I still haven't gotten in shape. Oh well we can do it. Just have to convince our minds.
    Oh and ps it still didn't send me an email. I just saw your posting on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will do it. It didn't send me an email either. I will have to go look into it again.

    ReplyDelete