Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Super Bowl Time (from this past January)

So what's everyone cooking for the big day tomorrow? My husband has to work, so I'm cooking a big pot of chili for him to take for all the guys. They are also having hot dogs and all the trimmings.
I'm just going to have some pinto beans, a salad, veggies and dip, chips and salsa and maybe a low-fat Fudgsicle (not all at once). That will be my supper and some snacks.

My blood sugar was 92 this morning. I'm pretty happy with that.

Tonight I Skyped with my granddaughter. We usually have a dance party and talk a lot, but she was a little shy tonight. She is 2 years old and my first grandchild. I love her very much. I had no idea what it would be like to be a nana, but I love it. I visit her about every 6 weeks in NC. We have a lot of fun. I usually don't have too much trouble with my blood sugars when I'm with her because we are always active.
Christmas 2011
I'm also cooking my first ever batch of homemade beef broth, but I don't know how it will turn out. I roasted the veggies in with my meat bones, but they burned. Is that normal?

Well I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Don't eat too much, but eat something good and sweet for me!

Here is the recipe for the Super Bowl Chili. I got the recipe from Onceamonthmom.com. She has the greatest and healthiest recipes, and she teaches you all about cooking ahead and how to freeze your foods. I love her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment