Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ways to not kill your husband on St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!    When my daughter was in kindergarten, her teacher told the class that if they did not wear something green on St. Patrick's Day, they would get pinched.  My poor daughter came home crying hysterically because she was so afraid of getting pinched.  She didn't have anything green to wear except some undies, so I think we went to Woolworth's to get her a green t-shirt so she wouldn't get pinched.  Back then, it was traumatic, but now she and I can look back at it and laugh.  Ahhh, memories.

Now to explain the title of this post.  Does your husband/boyfriend/significant other, etc. ever drive you completely crazy?  Sometimes mine does and today was one of those days.  I, on the other hand, could not possibly get on his nerves since I'm perfect!  Hahahaha.  Anyway, he would not listen to any advice I have been trying to give him over the past few weeks and today about his health, so I had to restrain myself from not punching his lights out (just kidding).  I love him to death, but he needs to quit trying to take his health into his own hands. 

Don't get me wrong.  We have a great marriage, but husbands and wives do get on each other's nerves.  He is at work now where there are no women or wives to nag at him and I'm sure he is much happier.

So ways to not kill your husband on St. Patrick's Day consist of cooking him his favorite pork chops, only make them healthy so he will never know, which is what I did.  Here is the recipe (with the less fattening, low carb ingrediets).

Smothered pork chops

6 to 8 pork chops
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
Olive Oil
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 can fat free condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
1/3 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Season pork chops with garlic powder and seasoned salt (mixed together).

Put beaten eggs in a small bowl.  Lightly dip the pork chops in the flour, then the eggs and then coat with the Italian breadcrumbs. 

Pour some olive oil into a skillet or frying pan and heat it up.  Add the pork chops just to brown on each side - about 2 or 3 minutes each side.  Then place the pork chops in a 9x13 pan, cover with foil and bake for an hour.

After the pork chops have baked an hour, mix the soup and milk together and pour over pork chops, cover with the foil and bake 30 additional minutes.  Pork chops will come out so tender and tasty.

And here is what they looked like (I say looked because they are all gone).  I did not put the breading on mine and they came out tasty and seasoned just right with just a little bit of gravy.  This really is a low-fat, low carb recipe if you don't add the breaded coating to the pork chops.


Then you boil some eggs so they won't go bad to make deviled eggs for snacks, which are good for low carb diets, as shown here.


I just add some mayo, a little regular mustard and a little Colman's dry mustard, which I love.  Yum!

Last but not least, you load up the dishwasher if you still have any tension left over in you so that you can sit down and eat a nice calm dinner with your husband that you really do love very much and want him to live a long time and take care of himself.  And he finally understands.  This post is all in fun.


And you top the meal off with some steamed carrots, broccoli and asparagus (and rice and some green beans for your husband), and things are once again ok. 

My blood sugars have been running in the upper 80's to low 90's lately when I get up, which I am happy with.  So keep up the low-carb and exercise and eat lots of veggies and your body will thank you for it.  Oh and drink lots of water.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. Who knew cooking could prevent you from killing someone? I guess I need to start channeling my rage through cooking. I should cook at work. Although cooking tends to make me lose my cool. Glad he finally listened to you.
    love you

    ReplyDelete